- Who Are The Favorite Horses To Win Kentucky Derby? Cox’s Essential Quality is the 2-1 favorite in the latest 2021 Kentucky Derby odds, while Mandaloun and Baffert’s Medina Spirit are both 15-1. Midnight Bourbon (20-1) and Super Stock (30-1) also are long shots to finish at the front of the 19-horse 2021 Kentucky Derby field.
Who is the favorite for the Kentucky Derby 2021?
Essential Quality and Rock Your World both enter Saturday undefeated and are the favorites in the 2021 Kentucky Derby odds, with Essential Quality at 2-1 and Rock Your World at 5-1.
How many horses are in the Kentucky Derby?
20 horses compete in the Kentucky Derby, which is a larger field size than most horse races; where on average 8 horses race against one another.
How much is Medina spirit worth now?
Even crazier, just two years after being acquired at auction for $1,000, Medina Spirit is most likely now worth more than $50 million. With less than 5% of all racehorses earning more than $100,000 annually, the sport of horse racing has long been considered a fun but money-burning experience reserved for elites.
Who are the jockeys for the 2021 Kentucky Derby?
Meet the 2021 Kentucky Derby Jockeys
- Irad Ortiz Jr.
- Rafael Bejarano.
- Kendrick Carmouche.
- Luis Saez.
- Flavien Prat.
- Jose Ortiz.
- Ricardo Santana Jr.
- John Velazquez.
What is Kentucky Derby Future Wager?
The Kentucky Derby Future Wager is an opportunity for fans to bet early on the potential Derby horse they think will earn a spot in the starting gate and go on to win the Kentucky Derby race. This Future Wager offers 24 potential contenders to bet on.
Which horse died after Kentucky Derby?
Kentucky Derby winning horse dies after workout routine Medina Spirit, who failed a drug test after he won the Kentucky Derby this year, died during a workout Monday morning in California. The horse collapsed in training at Santa Anita and suffered an apparent heart attack, his trainer, Bob Baffert, said.
Are there any gray horses in the Kentucky Derby?
A gray horse hasn’t won the Derby since Giacomo in 2005, and only eight grays have won it since 1930. According to historians and experts, there are just fewer gray horses in the thoroughbred population compared to more traditional chestnut, bay, brown and black horses.
How many horses will be in the 2021 Kentucky Derby?
The field is limited to twenty horses who qualify based on points earned in the 2021 Road to the Kentucky Derby, a series of designated races that was first introduced in 2013.
2022 Kentucky Derby Odds
The Kentucky Derby is a horse race in Kentucky, and the odds are in your favor. Kentucky Derby odds, betting, future wagering, handicapping, picks, prep races, competitors, winners, history, results, and tickets were last updated on January 31, 2022. The odds for the Kentucky Derby in 2022 are a highly sought-after gauge for horseplayers and the general public alike, because Morning Line odds assist to convey insights about the field of Kentucky Derby runners’ caliber and worth.
- The Kentucky Derby is a horse race in Kentucky, and the odds are in your favor. Kentucky Derby odds, betting, future wagering, handicapping, picks, prep races, competitors, winners, history, results, tickets, and more. Those who bet on horses and those who are interested in the Kentucky Derby in 2022 look to the Morning Line odds for a barometer of the quality and worth of the horses in the field of Kentucky Derby competitors.
- A horse’s odds are shorter when compared to other horses in the same race
- The shorter the odds, the better the horse might be seen when compared among racing peers.
- Long odds are odds that are farther away from even money or ‘1’ than even money or ‘1’, such as ’30-1.’
- Horses with higher chances of winning the Derby have a lower likelihood of being talented within the field of Derby starters.
Where can I Find Kentucky Derby odds?
Visit this page when the Kentucky Derby post position draw is completed in order to get the morning line odds!
- In addition to official Kentucky Derby morning line odds, TwinSpires.com offers live Kentucky Derby betting odds as well as Kentucky Derby LIVE betting odds on KentuckyDerby.com. The Kentucky Derby Prep Race Winner Odds are also available on KentuckyDerby.com. The process by which morning line odds are calculated
- Wynn Las Vegas Odds & Figures
Official 2021 Kentucky Derby Morning Line Odds
Following the conclusion of the 2020-21 Road to the Kentucky Derby and the announcement of the official field and post positions, the official morning line odds for the 2021 Run for the Roses may be seen below. Essential Quality, trained by Brad Cox and having won four races on the Road to the Kentucky Derby, is the pre-race favorite, with odds of 2-1.
|(POST) HORSE||ML ODDS||TRAINER / JOCKEY||RTKD POINTS|
|(1)Known Agenda||6-1||Todd Pletcher /Irad Ortiz Jr.||102|
|(2)Like the King||50-1||Wesley Ward /Drayden Van Dyke||104|
|(3)Brooklyn Strong||50-1||Daniel Velazquez /Umberto Rispoli||10|
|(4)Keepmeinmind||50-1||Robertino Diodoro /David Cohen||18|
|(5)Sainthood||50-1||Todd Pletcher /Corey Lanerie||40|
|(6)O Besos||20-1||Greg Foley /Marcelino Pedroza||25|
|(7)Mandaloun||15-1||Brad Cox /Florent Geroux||52|
|(8)Medina Spirit||15-1||Bob Baffert /John Velazquez||74|
|(9)Hot Rod Charlie||8-1||Doug O’Neill /Flavien Prat||110|
|(10)Midnight Bourbon||20-1||Steve Asmussen /Mike Smith||66|
|(11)Dynamic One||20-1||Todd Pletcher /Jose Ortiz||40|
|(12)Helium||50-1||Mark Casse /Julien Leparoux||50|
|(13)Hidden Stash||50-1||Vicki Oliver /Rafael Bejarano||32|
|(14)Essential Quality||2-1||Brad Cox /Luis Saez||140|
|(15)Rock Your World||5-1||John Sadler /Joel Rosario||100|
|(16)King Fury||20-1||Kenny McPeek /Brian Hernandez Jr.||20|
|(17)Highly Motivated||10-1||Chad Brown /Javier Castellano||50|
|(18)Super Stock||30-1||Steve Asmussen /Ricardo Santana Jr.||109|
|(19)Soup and Sandwich||30-1||Mark Casse /Tyler Gaffalione||40|
|(20)Bourbonic||30-1||Todd Pletcher /Kendrick Carmouche||100|
Official morning line odds are determined by an odds line maker after the post position draw is conducted during Derby week. Betting public interest and wagering action are used by the odds maker to establish, to the best of their ability, what the odds of each horse will sit at. Before the official Kentucky Derby draw is made on Derby week, any odds or lines that appear elsewhere are either speculative, a bookmaker’s best guess, or not officially sanctioned by the state.
Morning Line vs Final Odds for Kentucky Derby Prep Race Winners
Below is a table that lists each Road to the Kentucky Derby prep event, as well as the winning horse in each race, as well as the morning line and final odds for each winning horse heading into those races.
- The information on each Kentucky Derby North American prep race winner for the 2021 Kentucky Derby season may be used to determine what lessons can be learned. With morning line odds and final odds side by side in the table below, you can see which horses started as a near favorite and by start time, due to public money fluctuation, had fallen or gained public betting backing
- Whether these Road to the Kentucky Derby prep race winners will be favorites for the Kentucky Derby
- And whether these Road to the Kentucky Derby prep race winners will be favorites for the Kentucky Derby.
|RTKD Race||Winning Horse||ML Odds||Final Odds|
|Iroquois Stakes||Sittin On Go||15-1||24-1|
|American Pharoah Stakes||Get Her Number||7-2||8-1|
|Breeders’ Futurity||Essential Quality||2-1||9-5|
|Champagne Stakes||Jackie’s Warrior||3-5||4-5|
|Breeders’ Cup Juvenile||Essential Quality||4-1||7-2|
|Kentucky Jockey Club||Keepmeinmind||6-5||2-1|
|Remsen Stakes||Brooklyn Strong||7-2||7-1|
|Springboard Mile||Senor Buscador||15-1||7-2|
|Los Alamitos Futurity||Spielberg||5-2||9-5|
|Jerome Stakes||Capo Kane||12-1||6-1|
|Sham Stakes||Life Is Good||2-5||1-5|
|Lecomte Stakes||Midnight Bourbon||7-2||7-2|
|Smarty Jones Stakes||Caddo River||5-2||3-5|
|Robert B. Lewis Stakes||Medina Spirit||5-2||1-1|
|Holy Bull Stakes||Greatest Honour||5-2||5-2|
|Withers Stakes||Risk Taking||5-2||9-5|
|Sam F. Davis||Candy Man Rocket||10-1||3-1|
|El Camino Real Derby||Rombauer||8-5||6-5|
|John Battaglia Memorial||Hush of a Storm||10-1||6-1|
|Southwest Stakes||Essential Quality||3-2||4-5|
|Risen Star Stakes||Mandaloun||9-2||2-1|
|Fountain of Youth Stakes||Greatest Honour||9-5||1-1|
|Tampa Bay Derby||Helium||6-1||15-1|
|San Felipe Stakes||Life Is Good||4-5||1-2|
|Rebel Stakes||Concert Tour||2-1||8-5|
|Louisiana Derby||Hot Rod Charlie||3-1||5-2|
|Jeff Ruby Steaks||Like the King||6-1||7-1|
|Florida Derby||Known Agenda||5-1||5-1|
|UAE Derby||Rebel’s Romance||n/a||n/a|
|Blue Grass Stakes||Essential Quality||3-5||1-2|
|Santa Anita Derby||Rock Your World||4-1||5-1|
|Arkansas Derby||Super Stock||6-1||12-1|
|Lexington Stakes||King Fury||10-1||18-1|
How Kentucky Derby Morning-line Odds Are Made
The Post Position Draw, a one-hour ritual that decides starting positions for the Kentucky Derby, is when the odds for the race are published. The Kentucky Derby Post Position Draw takes place on the Wednesday before the race, which takes place on the first Saturday in May, and is broadcast live on the internet. Customers at TwinSpires are well aware that we are the go-to site for Kentucky Derby gambling – and the race odds that are being revealed are undoubtedly one of the most exciting aspects of the Kentucky Derby wagering process that has been disclosed.
- He announces the odds for the main event immediately after the post positions are selected, according to the schedule.
- Every year, a complete field of 20 competitors may be expected for America’s most famous horse race, the Belmont Stakes.
- races is now at 14 for the Kentucky Derby, the event has the potential to produce excellent bet returns.
- For the most up-to-date odds, you may sign up for a free account at TwinSpires or visit KentuckyDerby.com.
- After the introduction of a November KDFW in 2013, the remaining three pools are normally planned over the months of February, March, and April, in conjunction with significant pre-race events.
In advance of the weekend, the morning line odds are posted, and the uniquebetting opportunity is available from Friday through Sunday. Return to the top of the page
2020 Kentucky Derby: Las Vegas Opinions
What are the bookmakers’ thoughts on the horses who will compete in the Kentucky Derby? Find a sample of their opening and closing odds for the 14th of January, 2020, below.
|TIZ THE LAW||20||8|
|GREEN LIGHT GO||75||75|
|PRINCE OF PHAROAHS||75||75|
|STORM THE COURT||90||12|
Wynn Las Vegas Odds Summary for the 2018 Kentucky Derby
Regarding the Kentucky Derby, which took place on May 5th, we went back to September, when the Wynn Las Vegas casino revealed futures figures on a vast list of prospective Kentucky Derby winning candidates. You don’t have to do much research to discover how much has changed since this was unquestionably the time when the candidates had their greatest odds. In addition to being the best rated two-year-old of the 2017 campaign, Bolt d’Oro has long been considered the barometer for the 2018 Kentucky Derby.
- Things have altered significantly since then.
- The horse that Bolt d’Oro defeated in that race was the same horse that had defeated him on the track the day before.
- McKinzie wasn’t even on the Wynn Las Vegas radar when the casino opened in September, but he’s now listed as a 7/1 longshot.
- Earlier this month, on March 11, Justify ran a bullet mile in 1:35.73 at Santa Anita and is scheduled to compete against other thoroughbreds in the Arkansas Derby on April 14th.
- On the Derby trail at that moment in time, he’s the most difficult horse to pin down from a betting perspective.
- Magnum Moon’s victory in the Rebel Stakes catapulted him to a 12/1 odds-on favorite.
- His odds were most recently 20/1 at the time of writing.
- Horses like as Audible, Promises Fulfilled, Bolt d’Oro, McKinzie, Justify, and a slew of others are beginning to post significant victories in the top tier events on the Kentucky Derby course.
More clarification should be provided by the forthcoming Florida Derby on March 31st, the Wood Memorial on April 7th, the Blue Grass on April 7th, the Santa Anita Derby on April 7th, and the Arkansas Derby on April 14th. Return to the top of the page
Kentucky Derby Odds 2022 – Odds for Kentucky Derby Horses
The Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs is scheduled for May 7, 2022, and sportsbooks are giving futures odds on which horses will compete in the race. The most recent update was made on February 17, 2022 at 9:06 a.m. Eastern Time. Betting odds for the Kentucky Derby in 2022, photo courtesy of USA TODAY Sports have unveiled a comprehensive list of horses on which to wager as they compete and prepare for the first Triple Crown event of the horse-racing season.
Kentucky Derby odds
Horse racing odds are frequently displayed as fractional odds in the media. Make use of ourodds converter and moneyline calculator to convert them to American (+900) or Decimal (10.0) units of measure, or to calculate a possible payment.
|Horse||Odds to win|
|Slow Down Andy||20/1|
|Rattle N Roll||25/1|
|Tiz The Bomb||33/1|
As of February 17, 2022, odds provided by Bet365.
Kentucky Derby odds over time
Smile Happy was the favorite in the Kentucky Derby betting at the start of the year, with 9/1 odds at Bet365.
Odds of past Kentucky Derby winners
After dominating at Churchill Downs from 2013 to 2018, Country House won the Run for the Roses in 2019 as the second-biggest underdog in Derby history at 65/1, while Authentic pulled off his own upset by defeating strong favorite Tiz the Law last year. The following are the winners of the Kentucky Derby since 2000, as well as their starting post locations and final odds.
|Year||Kentucky Derby Winner||Post Position||Final Odds|
|2012||I’ll Have Another||19||15/1|
|2009||Mine That Bird||8||50/1|
More horse racing betting
As of February 17, 2022, odds provided by Bet365.
Which states have legal betting the Kentucky Derby?
To some extent, the 30 states listed below have authorized single-event wagering in some form, whether it is at retail locations or through online and mobile betting on betting sites. In addition, nine more states are now exploring whether or not to legalize sports betting. If you live in a state that permits mobile and online betting, make sure you are familiar with the finest horse racing betting sites. The finest betting sites provide competitive odds, prompt payments, and a safe and secure environment for both depositing and withdrawing your money from your account.
Kentucky Derby odds FAQs
Before winning the Kentucky Derby in 2020, Authentic closed with odds of 8/1 to win the race.
How do odds work in the Kentucky Derby?
The odds to win the Kentucky Derby are the most common types of odds you will encounter for the event. The odds mentioned above are in the standard American format.
Who has the best odds to win the Kentucky Derby?
As of mid-April, the horses Essential Quality and Concert Tour are co-favorites to win the Kentucky Derby in 2021, with odds of +350 each.
El Camino Real Derby odds, prediction 2022: Horse racing insider who nailed Kentucky Derby reveals picks
The El Camino Real Derby, which will take place at Golden Gate Fields on Saturday, will serve as a prelude to the Kentucky Derby, which will take place in Louisville, Kentucky, the following year. The ungraded stakes event has drawn a field of 11 horses from the West Coast, most of whom are borderline Kentucky Derby contenders. Mackinnon, trained by Doug O’Neill, is the morning-line favorite in the 2022 El Camino Real Derby odds, despite having lost back-to-back races. Blackadder, trained by Bob Baffert, is the second morning-line favorite in the 2022 El Camino Real Derby field, receiving 7-2 odds.
- The $100,000 El Camino Real Derby 2022 will take place at 7:30 p.m.
- Due to the fact that some inexperienced 3-year-olds will be entering the starting gate on Saturday, you’ll want to listen to what racing writer and analyst Michelle Yu has to say before making any El Camino Real Derby predictions for the year 2022.
- Yu has been involved in horse racing for much of his life.
- Prior to her television career, she worked as a personal trainer for Steve Asmussen and Ron Moquett, two well-known athletes.
- In addition, she possesses exceptional handicapping abilities.
- During the 2017 Breeders’ Cup, she defeated Wuheida, an 11-1 long shot, to take up the Filly and Mare Turf.
Her SportsLine choices also struck the exacta in the Sham Stakes last month, netting her $156 in prize money. Yu has now handicapped the field for the 2022 El Camino Real Derby, made her selections, and put together her wagering strategy. You can only see them in this location.
Top 2022 El Camino Real Derby predictions
The El Camino Real Derby, which will take place at Golden Gate Fields on Saturday, will serve as a prelude to the Kentucky Derby, which will be held in Louisville in 2022. In the ungraded stakes event, an 11-horse lineup from the West Coast, most of whom are borderline Kentucky Derby contenders, has assembled. Mackinnon, trained by Doug O’Neill, is the morning-line favorite in the 2022 El Camino Real Derby odds, despite having lost back-to-back races. Blackadder, trained by Bob Baffert, is the second morning-line favorite in the 2022 El Camino Real Derby chances, receiving 7-2 odds.
- A post time of 7:30 p.m.
- With a number of inexperienced 3-year-olds expected to reach the starting gate on Saturday, you’ll want to hear what racing reporter and analyst Michelle Yu has to say before making any El Camino Real Derby predictions for the 2022 edition of the race.
- Yu has been involved in horse racing for much of his life.
- Previously, she worked as a trainer for Steve Asmussen and Ron Moquett, two of the most well-known names in the industry.
- Her handicapping abilities are outstanding, as is her ability to work around obstacles.
- During the 2017 Breeders’ Cup, she defeated Wuheida, an 11-1 longshot, to win the Filly and Mare Turf race.
- She also had an exacta win in the Sham Stakes last month, which brought in $156 from SportsLine selections.
- This is the only place where you can see them.
How to make 2022 El Camino Real Derby picks
Yu is leaning toward two horses at the top of the standings, one of whom “possesses the qualifications.” She also has high hopes for another double-digit long shot who she describes as a “wild card” who is “enticing at the current pricing.” She will be include these horses in her El Camino Real Derby wagers for 2022, and you should do the same. Only at SportsLine will she reveal the horses she intends to back. So, who will be the winner of the El Camino Real Derby in 2022? What horse with a lot of potential should everyone bet on?
After you’ve looked through the most recent El Camino Real Derby odds in the section below, go over to SportsLine to see Yu’s choices.
2022 El Camino Real Derby odds
2022 Kentucky Derby Odds: Live Odds & Betting Favorites
Published on February 10, 2022 by TVG Staff When it comes to placing wagers on the Kentucky Derby without having any prior professional experience, having a gauge to use to determine which horses are among the better ones in the field may be really beneficial. The Kentucky Derby odds come into play at this point. The Kentucky Derby is planned on Saturday, May 7, in 2022, and the official field will not be determined until the week before the event takes place.
Following the drawing of the race, the track will issue a morning line for the event. But there will be odds projections in the meanwhile, in the shape of future wagers and future pools, to tide you over until then.
What Kentucky Derby Odds Mean
It is possible to predict who will perform well in the Derby by looking at future odds, which are effectively wagering forecasts. These odds also assist us in determining whether or not a horse is a good value for money, given that you may have a strong preference for a runner who is projected to go off at long odds, among other things. In February, it is still too early to predict who will be the favorite to win the Kentucky Derby. Although Pappacap and Epicenter are presently in first and second place in the points rankings, a lot may happen in the months leading up to the big race.
Horses with low odds have a greater perceived likelihood of winning the race than horses with long odds.
According to the odds, a horse going off at 2-1 has almost double the probability of winning as a horse going off at 4-1.
When you have a valid rationale for your point of view, it might be beneficial to stay with it.
Recent Kentucky Derby Odds Trends
Our nation will be witness to the 148th Kentucky Derby, which will be the first jewel in the Triple Crown of horse racing, on Saturday, May 7. There is a lot of excitement in the air at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky, where this event takes place. Frequently, the top Kentucky Derby horses win significant prep races such as the Florida Derby, Arkansas Derby, and Santa Anita Derby, as well as the Kentucky Derby. These races have not yet been won in 2022, but they are among the most exciting final preparations to watch, and their winners are frequently well-bet on Derby Day in the United States.
And then there was the questionable disqualification of Country House, who was a 65-1 longshot in the 2019 race.
During Kentucky Derby week, check back here for the official morning line odds for the Run for the Roses.
Kentucky Derby Prep Races
This is where the Road to the Kentucky Derby comes into its own, with points granted for placing first, second, third, and fourth in significant prep races dating back to the juvenile events of the previous year and beyond. In most cases, 48 races are taken into consideration, especially in the United States, but also in Japan, Europe, and the United Arab Emirates. These are the horses who will earn the most points on the schedule as trainers craft their path to the 148th Kentucky Derby on May 4.
Horses that are well-bet in prep races are likely to be well-bet in the Kentucky Derby if they make it all the way to the finish line. When longshots win their prep races, consider if the victory was a fluke or whether you are ready to accept lesser odds on Derby Day as a result of the win.
Kentucky Derby Prep Race Winners 2022 Odds
As of right now, the odds for the Kentucky Derby are calculated based on a combination of juvenile form, prep race form, and even breeding and reputation, as it is still unclear who the absolute finest racing sophomores are. When the Kentucky Derby odds are released on May 1, they will be based on the pari-mutuel method, with the ultimate wagering odds decided by the amount of money in the pool from bettors all over the country divided by the number of wagers put on each horse. Another way to put it is that there could be millions of dollars in the pool with only a handful of people betting on your horse, resulting in potentially huge odds; on the other hand, if the vast majority of people are betting on your horse, the final starting odds for winning could be extremely small.
When it comes to betting on horses through the pari-mutuel system, the odds will change a great deal throughout the build-up to the race, especially in the final few seconds before post time, so be prepared to not know what betting odds you will get on your horse until it is time to place your bet.
Betting on Kentucky Derby with TVG
Our crew is always available to provide in-depth Kentucky Derby racing analysis and expert choices as we approach post time at the Kentucky Derby. If you are new to horse racing bets, we recommend that you check our Kentucky Derby betting guide before placing your wager. Keep up to speed on the Kentucky Derby betting odds with TVG racing, your trusted one-stop site for expert analysis and legal online betting on horse races. Disclaimer:Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Derby, the Kentucky Oaks, the “Road to the Roses,” and other Churchill Downs Incorporated-related trademarks are registered trademarks of Churchill Downs Incorporated or its affiliates in the United States and other countries (collectively CDI).
Horse racing and betting are covered extensively on TVG, which gives free information, odds, data, and analysis on the Kentucky Derby and horse racing in general.
To the extent permitted by law, TVG may make reference to trademarks owned by third parties in accordance with our right to engage in fair use, fair comment, statutory fair use, or trademark fair use doctrine.
Kentucky Derby Betting Odds, Props & Longshot Predictions: Essential Quality The Horse To Beat
May 1, 2021: Horses break from the gate at the start of the I’ll Have Another, race 5 before of the 147th Kentucky Derby, at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky on May 1, 2021. The Kentucky Derby is the most prestigious horse race in the world. (Image courtesy of Jamie Squire/Getty Images) Photographs courtesy of Getty Images As the 147th running of the Kentucky Derby approaches this afternoon, sports bettors are lining up to get a piece of the most thrilling two minutes in the history of wagering on horses.
- While their victory was spectacular, winners of the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile had only been victorious in the Kentucky Derby twice in their 36 previous tries in the race.
- Sáez and his horse Maximum Security were declared the victors of this race for exactly 22 minutes when the title was annulled due to a disqualification.
- Given the fact that history has favored the favorites in this race, it should come as no surprise that many bookies have him listed as their largest liability for the day.
- Are Longshots Worth Taking a Chance On?
- Super Stock is a tremendous value at +2500, especially considering that the horse outran the field during the Arkansas Derby and has demonstrated his ability to reach the winner’s circle.
This horse tends to produce consistent performances, and if he can manage to fend off the rest of the field, he will most likely finish higher than his odds would indicate. Kentucky Derby Betting Odds at BetOnline.AG
- Known Agenda +500
- Rock Your World +500
- Highly Motivated +800
- Hot Rod Charlie +900
- Medina Spirit +1000
- Mandaloun +1600
- Midnight Bourbon +2000
- O Besos +2200
- Dynamic One +2200
- Super Stock +2500
- SoupSandwich +2500
- Bourbonic +2800
- Keepmeinmind +4000
- Sainthood +4000
- Like the King +5000
- Brooklyn Strong +5,000
- Helium +
Even though picking the overall winner of the Kentucky Derby is one of the most straightforward methods to gamble on the race, several sportsbooks are also providing a variety of prop bets and head-to-head matchups to add to the betting excitement. Participants in the race can place bets on the winning horse’s over/under final time, which is presently set at 2:02.65. Six of the previous seven Kentucky Derby winners have failed to surpass this mark, and while it is important to consider the circumstances, statistics imply that this is a difficult standard to reach in the first place.
The influence of Covid-19 on the racing schedule and training, on the other hand, might have a negative impact on the overall timings.
At -275, two-word names place your favorite names such as Essential Quality, Highly Motivated, Known Agenda, Medina Spirit, and Midnight Bourbon in your corner, among other things.
Single word names are not likely to perform well at +700, with Mandaloun and his +1600 odds to win the race being the group’s best opportunity to cash in on this wager.
Biggest long shots to beat the odds and win the Kentucky Derby
Even though Leicester City has never won the Kentucky Derby (a 5000-to-1 longshot), the Run for the Roses hasn’t always been won by the favorites, as the recent past has shown. In the more than 140 years that the Kentucky Derby has been held, a handful of bettors have reaped substantial rewards by placing their money on the most improbable of underdogs. The following are eight of the most unlikely candidates to win the Kentucky Derby. Donerail was built in 1913. Field size:8Time:2:04.80 Field size:8 Odds of winning: 91-1 for a half-time triumph Donerail, who started from the fifth post, won driving and overtook the rest of the field in the closing sixteenth of a mile to take the victory.
- Despite this, he remains the longest-shot winner of the Kentucky Derby, and this is a distinction that should be maintained because few horses are rated so high in today’s racing world.
- Time:2:03.93 Odds of winning: 65-1 for a three-quarter triumph.
- The result was that Country House, who finished second by 1 3/4 lengths, would be crowned champion in one of the more contentious editions of the “Run for the Roses” in recent memory.
- Mine That Bird, 2009Field size:19Time:2:02.66Minimum field size:19Minimum field size:19 Victory is expected to last 6 to 3/4 hours with odds of 50-1.
- And he certainly had the appearance of a champion for most of the race.
- It was the largest Derby win in more than 60 years, and the first time in the United Kingdom.
- MORE:Kentucky Derby wins are listed in alphabetical order.
After placing third in this race, Afleet Alex went on to win the Preakness and the Belmont.
Field size:8Time:2:05 (in minutes) Victory’s length: 1 1/2Odds:35-1 In addition to being a long shot, no other horse was given much of a chance to beat Bimelech, who was a 2-to-5 favorite at the time of the race.
Gallahadion finished third in Pimlico, but the extra distance proved too much for him, and he was unable to finish in the Belmont.
As he approached the finish line, he realized he had little left in the tank.
Time:2:03.29 Neck is the length of victory.
Wayne Lukas, he did it by a neck against Menifee, who was putting up a far stronger fight.
Despite winning the Preakness and taking the lead in the Belmont Stakes in the last furlong, Charismatic was overtaken by Lemon Drop Kid and finished third.
Antley subsequently stated that he was aware of the issue and that he softened Charismatic in the last furlong to prevent additional harm.
During the remainder of his 3-year-old season, he only won two more races.
Field size:8Time:2:10.89Length of victory:1Odds of winning:29 to one Exterminator wasn’t even scheduled to be in the Derby, but he came in to replace training companion Sun Briar only a few days before the 44th running of the Kentucky Derby on May 5.
Exterminator competed in 99 races throughout the course of his illustrious career and was twice named Horse of the Year.
Thunder Gulch was completed in 1995.
Time:2:01.27 2 1/2 minutes is the length of the triumph.
The Kentucky Derby winner stayed within striking distance at the top of the stretch before comfortably putting the race away by two and a half lengths at Churchill Downs. Upon the conclusion of that season, he was retired and is still residing at Coolmore Stud in Versailles, Kentucky.
Essential Quality draws 14 post, is 2-1 Derby fave
The 27th of April in the year 2021 At Churchill Downs, the 147th Kentucky Derby will be held on Saturday, and Essential Quality is the 2-1 morning-line favorite and will start from the No. 14 post position. The $3 million, 1 1/4-mile feature race for 3-year-olds will be held on the first Saturday in May after being postponed to Labor Day weekend last autumn due to the coronavirus outbreak. The event will be held on the first Saturday in May. A total of 45,000 people are expected to attend the event in its entirety.
- 15 post position, Rock Your World is the 5-1 second choice, while Known Agenda is the 6-1 third choice despite drawing rail in the 20-horse field.
- 9 position, Hot Rod Charlie received 8-1 odds.
- “I believe it will be an excellent location.
- His string of graded stakes successes includes a courageous Blue Grass victory at Keeneland on April 3, which propelled the gray son of Tapit to the top of the Derby rankings with 140 points and solidified his status as the presumptive favorite.
- Cox, who grew up just a few streets away from Churchill Downs, is attempting to become the first local Louisvillean to win the race in more than a century.
- 7 position.
- He cruised to a 414.4-length victory against favorite Medina Spirit, who was trained by Hall of Famer Bob Baffert, in the Santa Anita Derby on Saturday.
- 20 post; Dynamic One (No.
- 5, 50-1).
However, even with the introduction of the newly constructed, 20-stall starting Derby gate last fall to replace the standard 14-slot and auxiliary six-slot gates, Known Agenda still has a mountain of work ahead of him in order to avoid being bunched inside and out of contention in an already crowded field of horses.
- As a result of the new gate, we anticipate that things will be better than they were in the past, and that the post will not be nearly as awful as it was previously.” Hot Rod is a type of automobile.
- The horse, trained by Doug O’Neill, won the Louisiana Derby by two lengths and finished second to Essential Quality in the Derby points standings with 110.
- “We decided we were going to give it a shot no matter what post we drew,” he said.
- It’s a really fantastic piece of writing.” On Saturday, the game will be completed at 6:57 p.m.
- Because to the sport’s efforts to progress toward the abolition of race-day medication, the event will be held for the first time this year without horses utilizing the anti-bleeding medicine Lasix.
- It also acts as a diuretic, causing horses to pee and shed 20 to 30 pounds of fluid, which increases their capacity to gallop faster as a result.
- Grindstone, who won the Derby in 1996, was the last horse to do it without using Lasix.
- The Breeders’ Cup is following suit, with Lasix being banned from its qualification races and no points being granted to horses who use it in their races.
- “The horses have maintained their shape in the absence of it.
They do appear to have more energy after the races, and they return to their usual workout energy more quickly, allowing them to recuperate more quickly than they would otherwise.” This article was written with assistance from the Associated Press.
2022 Kentucky Derby Odds
Odds for the Kentucky Derby There are more Kentucky Derby wagers available than anywhere else. Now is the time to register. Odds for the Kentucky Derby There are more Kentucky Derby wagers available than anywhere else. Now is the time to register. The Kentucky Derby is less than a month away. Days HoursMinutesSeconds
The Most Kentucky Derby Bets Anywhere
Bets on the Kentucky Derby are now available! Gain access to incredible future odds and rewards on the premier Kentucky Oaks and Derby horses, as well as on the best jockeys and trainers. Churchill Downs will host the “Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports” on May 7th, 2022, for the second time. Place a wager on the Kentucky Derby right now.
|Updated February 25th, 2022 03:00:41.|
|Slow Down Andy||28/1||+2800|
|Rattle N Roll||25/1||+2500|
|Tiz The Bomb||33/1||+3300|
|In Due Time||33/1||+3300|
|God Of Love||66/1||+6600|
|Make It Big||66/1||+6600|
Place a wager on the Kentucky Derby right now.
The 148th Kentucky Derby runs on Saturday, May 7th, 2022.
Any website, including US Racing, has the most up-to-date Kentucky Derby Futures odds. If you notice a horse that you would like to have included, please let us know and we may be able to arrange for it to be added. Between now until the Kentucky Derby, the odds will be shifting as we add new horses and remove others from the race field. Keep in mind that when you place a futures wager, the odds are predetermined and all wagers are eligible for action. Have a great day and we’ll see you at the Run for the Roses on Saturday, May 7th, 2022!
$500 Kentucky Derby Bonus
Get up to $500 in free money! What is the procedure? On your initial deposit of $100 or more, you’ll earn a cash incentive of 20% of your total amount. The bonus increases in proportion to the amount of money you deposit. Become a member today! Join Us Right Now!
Get a Free Bet
A guaranteed no-lose bet is available to members who meet the requirements. If you win your wager, congratulations! If you are unsuccessful in your wager, your $10 will be refunded to your account. With BUSR, there is just one way to win! Read on to find out more
Bet on the Trainers
It is possible for anybody to take a wager on who will win the Kentucky Derby, but what about placing a wager on which trainer will win the Derby? What do you think of Bob Baffert or Todd Pletcher? A variety of of prop bets are available, including the margin of victory, the winning time versus Secretariat, a Triple Crown contender, and other outcomes. Kentucky Derby odds are now available for wagering. Take a look at the Trainer Odds.
Bet on JOCKEYS
Sure, anybody can give Kentucky Derby odds, but what about placing a wager on one of the jockeys competing in the race? There are more wagers available on the Kentucky Derby at BUSR than at any other horse betting service. See the Jockey OddsProudly featured on the following websites:
Among the trademarks of Churchill Downs Incorporated or its affiliates include the Kentucky Derby, Kentucky Oaks, the “two spires design,” the “Road to the Roses,” and other Churchill Downs Incorporated-related names and logos (collectively CDI). CDI does not sponsor or endorse US Racing or its goods, services, or promotions, and it is not related with or affiliated with any of these entities. In addition to providing free information, odds, facts, and analysis regarding the Kentucky Derby, US Racing also provides free information about horse racing and betting in general.
- US Racing may make reference to trademarks or service marks belonging to third parties in accordance with our right to engage in fair use, fair comment, statutory fair use, or trade mark fair use doctrine.
- US Racing makes this material available in an attempt to educate and expand the sport of thoroughbred racing in North America, with a particular emphasis on drawing new fans to the sport of thoroughbred racing.
- This website does not support or encourage unlawful gambling in any way.
- This website accepts no responsibility for the acts of any reviewed racebook or ADW, and makes no representation or support of any of the activities offered by any of these entities.
This information may not be used in any way that would be in violation of applicable federal, state, provincial, or municipal laws. All rights reserved by 2022US Racing. Copyright 2022US Racing, All Rights Reserved. –
Betting the 2021 Kentucky Derby: Post Positions, Odds and Profiles for Every Horse
Having been assigned a post-position on Tuesday, the “Fastest Two Minutes in Sports” will now take place on Saturday. Following a number of significant deflections in recent weeks, the 147th Kentucky Derby attracted a complete field of 20 participants. The 147th running of the Kentucky Derby will be broadcast live on NBC on May 1, and the broadcast will be carried in its entirety. The Kentucky Oaks will be broadcast live on NBC Sports Network one day before the race, on Friday, April 30. On Saturday, we learnt that Caddo River, one of the potential speed factors, has been ruled out owing to high temperatures in the region.
It has been decided that Concert Tour would not compete in the Derby and will instead be aimed to the Preakness Stakes on May 15.
Essential Quality, who is unbeaten in his career, drew well in the race for trainer Brad Cox and has been installed as the morning-line favorite at 2/1.
Consider the prospective contenders to whom bettors will be exposed following Tuesday’s official post position draw, which also gave morning-line odds ahead of the famous event.
2021 KENTUCKY DERBY BETTING PROFILES
Essential Characteristic(2/1) NUMBER OF THE POST: No. 14 Luis Saez is the jockey, while Brad Cox is the trainer. RECORD: 5-0-0 in five starts. FIGURE OF THE HIGHEST EQUIBASE SPEED: 109 MPH PREPARATION FOR RUNNING: Presser (Prefers to press the pace) Essential Quality was drawn in the 14th place and was promptly tipped as the morning-line favorite for the Kentucky Derby in 2021, according to oddsmakers. This son of Tapit, who won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile as a two-year-old, comes into the event off victories in the Southwest Stakes and the Blue Grass Stakes, respectively.
- Get Ready to Rock Your World(5/1) NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
- RECORD: 3-0-0 in three starts.
- His triumph in that Grade 1 race came on the heels of two victories at Santa Anita earlier in the year.
- Pre-existing Agenda(6/1) NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
- is the jockey, while Todd Pletcher is the trainer.
- Following the addition of blinkers, this son of Curlin has responded with two stunning victories, the most recent of which being his triumph in the Florida Derby on March 27.
- Despite past Derby victories with Super Saver (2010) and Always Dreaming (2017), Todd Pletcher will have stiff competition following Tuesday’s unfortunate draw.
9 Flavien Prat is the jockey, while Doug O’Neill is the trainer.
The son of Oxbow was last seen winning the Louisiana Derby on March 20, when he was a winner of the Kentucky Derby.
Hot Rod Charlie has only reached the winner’s circle twice in his seven career outings, and my early indications are that, despite drawing nicely, he will struggle to find the winning combination.
17 Javier Castellano is the jockey, while Chad Brown is the trainer.
FIGURE OF THE HIGHEST EQUIBASE SPEED: 108 RUNNING STYLE: Presser at a fast pace Chad Brown’s entry, byInto Mischief, was last seen in the Blue Grass Stakes, where he was upset by undefeated Essential Quality by a length.
However, after being drawn in position No.
Highly Motivated (2-2-1) still has a chance to make it six straight games in which he scores a goal, but his odds have taken a knock as a result of Tuesday’s stalemate. EQUIBASE TOP SPEED FIGURES ARE DETERMINED BY THE NUMBERS
In the 15th round, Medina Spirit was victorious. NUMBER OF THE POST: No. 8 John Velazquez is the jockey, while Bob Baffert is the trainer. RECORD: 2-3-0 in five starts. FIGURE OF THE HIGHEST EQUIBASE SPEED: 109 MPH Stalker is a running style that is popular nowadays. With the withdrawal of Concert Tour and Life is Good from the Kentucky Derby, gamblers are now left with Medina Spirit as Bob Baffert’s best chance for a second consecutive Kentucky Derby victory. American Pharaoh won the 2015 edition of the Run for the Roses, followed by Justify in 2018 and Authentic last year.
- This son of Prontico will most likely be pushed to the front by John Velazquez, who will seek to be among the top tier right out of the starting gate for this race.
- 8 is an excellent location, and my prediction is that Medina Spirit will be able to accept enough money to be able to go off at single-digit odds, given that these connections won the Derby last year.
- 7 Florent Geroux is the jockey, while Brad Cox is the trainer.
- THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 97 MPH Stalker is a running style that is popular nowadays.
- He has been training really well in his early exercises, and he might be favored by double-digit odds.
- Midnight Bourbon(20/1) is a bourbon that is served after midnight.
- 10 Mike Smith is the jockey, while Steve Asmussen is the trainer.
In preparation for the Kentucky Derby, trainer Steve Asmussen has enlisted the services of Hall of Fame jockey Mike Smith.
There is no reason why this colt should not be considered a contender for any trifecta or superfecta tickets.
O Besos(20/1) is a song by O Besos.
6 PICKLEBALL PLAYER: Marcelino Pedroza /TRAINER: Greg Foley RECORD: 2-0-1 in five starts.
Although this son of Orb was last seen finishing third behind Hot Rod Charlie and Bourbonic in the Louisiana Derby on March 20, it’s difficult to recommend him at this time.
Brian Hernandez Jr.
RECORD: 3-0-0 in six starts.
Because of all of the deflections from those in front of him on the points leaderboard, Ken McPeek finds himself with his colt King Fury drawing into the Kentucky Derby for the first time since 2011.
When it comes to exotic tickets, King Fury is without a doubt my favorite bomb longshot to use.
NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
RECORD: 1-2-0 in five starts.
This son of Union Ragsis certain to draw attention on Derby Day as an exotic target who, if successful, would cause a major upset if he were to reach the winners circle.
NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
/TRAINER: Steve Asmussen RECORD: 8 starts: 2-2-2 TOP EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE: 106 RUNNING STYLE: MORE CONCISE This horse shocked horse players when he rolled past Caddo River and Concert Tour in the Arkansas Derby back on April 10 at odds of 12/1/.
18 hole makes it tough now to envision potentially hitting the board at healthy odds.
19 JOCKEY: Tyler Gaffalione /TRAINER: Mark Casse RECORD: 3 starts: 2-1-0 FIGURE OF THE HIGHEST EQUIBASE SPEED: 108 RUNNING STYLE: Presser at a fast pace He joins Helium for trainer Mark Casse as a longshot entrant who only has one stakes race in his career – finishing runner-up to Known Agenda in the Florida Derby on March 27.
19 position makes him likely a toss for me.
20 JOCKEY: Kendrick Carmouche / TRAINER: Todd Pletcher RECORD: 6 starts: 3-1-0 THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 100 RUNNING STYLE: MORE CONCISE Bourbonic shocked the racing world in his last start when he won the Wood Memorial at odds of 72/1 beating both Derby hopefuls Dynamic One and Brooklyn Strong.
The son ofBernardiniclosed from the clouds to edge out his stablemate Dynamic One who also comes from the highly respected Todd Pletcher barn. PACE MAKES RACE: PREFERED RUNNING STYLES
Similar to the King (50/1) NUMBER OF THE POSITION: No. 2 Drayden Van Dyke is the jockey, while Wesley Ward is the trainer. RECORD: 3 wins and 2 losses in 6 starts. THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 95 RUNNING STYLE: Mid-Pack, Closer to the Finish At odds of 7/1, he won the Jeff Ruby Stakes on March 27 by a head over Sainthood, who was second going into the finish. However, following Tuesday’s draw, it’s probable that this son of Police Malice will be a toss and will go off at a price more than 50/1, which was the best case scenario for this son of Police Malice.
- 5 Corey Lanerie is the jockey, while Todd Pletcher is the trainer.
- According to people who have observed Pletcher’s training leading up to the Kentucky Derby, he has been really pleased with it.
- Helium(50/1) JOCKEY: Julien Leparoux /TRAINER: Mark Casse POST NUMBER: No.
- THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 94 RUNNING STYLE: MORE CONCISE One projected ‘wise man’ horse might very well be Mark Casse’s barely raced Helium, who won the Tampa Bay Derby on March 6 and has only a few races under his belt.
- Undiscovered Stash (50/1) NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
- Rafael Berarjano has a 2-1-2 record in seven starts.
- Hint to Hidden Stash’s previous accomplishments: a second-place finish in the Tampa Bay Derby to Helium, followed by a fourth-place finish in the Bluegrass Stakes to Essential Quality, the Derby’s favorite.
Keepmeinmind(50/1) NUMBER OF THE POST: No.
RECORD: 6 starts with a 1-2-1 record THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 98 RUNNING STYLE: MORE CONCISE His three races as a three-year-old have been dismal, to say the least.
He placed fifth in the Rebel Stakes and sixth in the Blue Grass Stakes, which were both held in Kentucky.
4, makes him difficult to recommend.
3 RECORD: 6: begins with a 3-0-1 record THE EQUIBASE SPEED FIGURE AT THE TOP: 99 RUNNING STYLE: Stalker, up close and personal Brooklyn Strong qualifies for the Kentucky Derby despite having only earned 10 Kentucky Derby qualifying points as a result of the removal of those who were placed above him on the leaderboard.
Make sure to come back here on Derby Week for our predictions for the Kentucky Derby, which will be posted on our website.
Trifecta (72/1) in the Ontario Derby.
Trifecta (37/1) in the Tropical Turf Stakes for the year 2021 * Reigning Champion of the Rebel Stakes- Concert Tour Becoming a SI PRO member will get you access to our unique Discord discussion, where you can find even more horse racing betting plays and commentary.