Famous Horse Names from TV and Film
What is horse names mean good luck?
- Origin: Finnish
- Meaning: “happiness,luck”
- Description: Onni is the Number 1 boy’s name in Finland yet largely unknown in the English-speaking world.
Whats a good name for a horse?
List of the Most Popular Horse Names
What is a good boy horse name?
These names are great for geldings and stallions, and there are names here to match just about any personality.
What is the most popular name for a horse?
Jack, Charlie, Billy, Harry, Bailey, Alfie, George, Murphy, Bobby and Paddy are the ten most popular male horse names with many of these also featuring in the top ten list overall.
What are unique names?
20 Unique Unisex Baby Names
- Akira. Japanese in origin, this unisex name can mean “bright” or “clear.”
What do you call a black horse?
Cool & Unique Black Horse Names
- Deja Vu.
What do you name a GREY horse?
Grey Show Horse Names
- Foggy Notion.
- Smoke House.
- Partly Cloudy.
- Storming Steed.
- Dark Storm.
- Rubble Racer.
- Cloudy Moment.
What do you call a GREY horse?
Many people who are unfamiliar with horses refer to a gray horse as “white”. However, most white horses have pink skin and some have blue eyes. A horse with dark skin and dark eyes under a white hair coat is gray.
What are funny names for horses?
Funny Race Horse Names
- Horsen Around.
- Hoofy Heart.
- Gaits of Hell.
- Talk Derby to Me.
- Walk of Shame.
- Odor in the Court.
- Bored Bronco.
What is a good girl name for a horse?
Top Mare and Filly Names
Who is the god of horses?
As the god of horses, Poseidon is thought likely to have been introduced to Greece by the earliest Hellenes, who also introduced the first horses to the country about the 2nd century bce. Poseidon himself fathered many horses, best known of which was the winged horse Pegasus by the Gorgon Medusa.
What are some badass horse names?
Tough Names for Your Horse
What name means love?
Along with Esme and Amara, other top girl names that mean love include Mila, Amy, Amanda, Mabel, and Philippa. Top boy names that mean love include Rhys, Philip, Lev, and Hart. Names that mean love or beloved in languages other than English include Carys, Querida, Rudo, and Sajan.
What’s the most rarest name?
10 Rarest Baby Names in the U.S.A
What name means moon?
Names that mean moon
- Mona — Old English (girl)
- Luna — Latin/Spanish (girl)
- Sasi — Thai (girl)
- Indu — Hindi (girl)
- Jaci — Native American (girl)
- Mahina — Hawaiian (girl)
- Hang — Vietnamese (girl)
- Neoma — meaning “new moon” in Greek (girl)
124 Best Horse Names
When you name a horse, there’s something magical about it. Our first equines are small plastic ones that we balance on the tops of our bookcases when we are children. Star and Jet are some of the names we give to the horses. Then we go to digital models, which we control as we navigate around the pixelated landscapes of our computer games. Bramble and Lucky are some of the names we give to these horses. When it comes time to name a real live horse, though, you’ll have to put a bit more thinking into it than that.
The process of carefully considering all of the options and then picking the greatest and most amazing name is quite enjoyable.
You’re certain that only one name will be the appropriate one.
A horse’s name should be chosen so that it will be a great match for the horse.
The lists that follow are divided into numerous categories, each of which is tailored to a certain sort of horse (or pony!).
However, for the purposes of these lists, we have attempted to go farther away from clichés and discover unique names that will encapsulate the characteristics of your horse while also making you grin.
COAT COLOR NAMES
Horses are frequently given names that are in some way related to the color or pattern of their coat. Chestnuts, for example, are given “red” names such as Garnet, Ginger, and Flame. Because a horse’s coat color is a distinguishing element of his personality, it’s only natural to want to include that characteristic into his name. Here are some examples of color names that are a little out of the ordinary:
Black Horse Names
- DOMINO (for a black horse with white markings)
Bay and Brown Horse Names
- The names AUTUMN, OPIE, FIONA, and PIPPI LONGSTOCKING (a chestnut with a lot of chrome would be the ideal choice for this name! )
- PETER PAN
Palomino and Buckskin Horse Names
- TRAVELLER (a great tribute to General Robert E. Lee’s favorite horse)
- TRAVELLER (a wonderful nod to General Robert E. Lee’s favorite horse)
Pinto Horse Names
Many horse enthusiasts want to name their horses after anything that is associated with their breed. Most breeds have a distinct’style’ of naming; for example, Arabians are frequently given Egyptian-inspired names, while Welsh Ponies are frequently given names and spellings that are derived from Welsh origins. Rather of focusing on specific breeds of horses, we’re going to look at broader classifications of horse types in this article.
Draft Horse Names
- MONTE, BAYMAX (the friendly, inflatable robot from Disney’s Big Hero 6), GOLIATH, and the UNIVERSE are all characters in the film.
Sport Horse Names
- BILLIE JEAN (for tennis player Billie Jean King, winner of 39 Grand Slams, or choose the name of one of your favorite sports stars! )
- BILLIE JEAN (for tennis player Billie Jean King, winner of 39 Grand Slams, or choose the name of one of your favorite sports stars! FARGO
- PHARAOH (or, if you’re a racing enthusiast, use the notorious misspelling “Pharoah”! )
- PHARAOH (or, if you’re a racing fan, use the infamous misspelling “Pharoah”!
Western Horse Names
- TRIGGER, CHAMP, OAKLEY, and BONNEY (the surname of notorious outlaw Billy the Kid, but considering its pronunciation, this name is better suited for a mare)
- TRIGGER, CHAMP, OAKLEY, and BONNEY (the surname of notorious outlaw Billy the Kid, but this name is better suited for a mare considering its pronunciation)
- CHARLIE BROWN
- KOKOMO (complete with its own theme song! )
- KOKOMO (complete with its own theme song!
With this type of moniker, you may go a number of various paths. For example, you may select a name for your horse based on how he behaves, such as an assertive mare or an understated male, or you might give him a name that represents a trait you would like him to exhibit. These are only the beginning of your journey; use them as motivation!
Elegant Horse Names
- The names ISABELLE, RANDOLPH, DEBUTANTE (you can use this as her registered name, and “Debbie” as her barn name)
Bossy Horse Names
- EL JEFE is an abbreviation for El Jefe. (It doesn’t get any more literal than this
- It literally translates as “The Boss” in Spanish and is pronounced El HEH-fay.) If you want a mare, use the name LA JEFA.)
Silly Horse Names
- sFLOPSY (Mopsy and Cottontail would be excellent names for stablemates in this case.)
Names for Well-Traveled Horses
Names for Cultured Horses
- MOZART, JACKSON, BEETHOVEN, MONA, DICKINSON, BARD, DA VINCI, SULLIVAN, and CHOPIN are among the artists who have contributed to this work.
Names for Horse Pairs
When you have not one, but two horses to name (you fortunate duck! ), the process becomes much more complicated due to the fact that the number of horses is multiplied. If you want to make things worse, double the difficulty. When it comes to selecting names that go well together, even the most experienced horse namer will admit failure and throw their hands in the air.
For example, if you’re attempting to come up with two perfectly matching names that seem like they belong in the same stall, what better way to go than to use an already well-known duo? Check out this list for some inspiration!
- (Fans of the television series ” Little House on the Prairie” will recognize these as the names of Charles Ingalls’ team of powerful chestnuts.) ANNEDIANA
- SAMDAVID (Fans of the television series ” Little House on
What are your thoughts? Do you have any favorite horse names that you’d like to share? Please leave a comment below and tell us about your favorite books! Samantha Johnson is a freelance writer and the author of many publications, including The Field Guide to Horses, which she co-authored with her husband, David Johnson (Voyageur Press, 2009). She breeds Welsh Mountain Ponies in northern Wisconsin, and she is also a qualified horse show judge with the American Horse Show Association. Make sure to follow her on Twitter at @miraclewelsh
200 Horse Names For Your New Equine Friend
Every horse owner is well aware that coming up with creative horse names may be a challenging endeavor. Good horse names might come to you out of nowhere, but naming your new equine companion can be a difficult task at times. Is it possible that you are having difficulty coming up with appropriate female or male horse names for your new four-legged friend? It’s be that you’re simply curious about some of the greatest horse names we think we’ve come up with. However you choose to name your horse, we’ve produced a list of 200 names for horses that we believe you’ll enjoy: 1 – Abby2 – Ace3 – Adobe4 – Alfie5 – Amber6 – Annabell7 – Annie8 – Apache9 – Apollo10 – Apple11 – April12 – Asia13 – Athena14 – Bella22 – Belle23 – Bella22 – Belle23 – Big Red24 – Big Smokey25 – Blaze27 – Blondie28 – Blue29 – Bo30 – Bob31 – (one of our favorite cold weather horse names) 85, 88, 89, Fiona90, Fitz91, Freckles92, Friday93, Goliath94, Hampton97, Harley98, Harvey99, Henrietta100, Honey101, Isabelle102, Jack103, Jake104, Jasper105, Jazz106, Jet107, Jewel108, Jonesy109, Juliet110, Kit Kat112, Kokomo113, Lady114, Layla115, Lily117, Lucky118, Lucy119, Lucy120, Maggie121 (one of our favorite black and white horse names) Rusty163, Sally164, Scout165, Shelby166, Shiloh167, Smartie169, Smokey170, Snowball171, Spirit172, Star173, Stormy174, Sugarfoot175, Sullivan176, Sunny177, Sydney178, Tater Trot179, Taz180, Thumper181, Thunder182, Tilly183, Toby184, Tootsie185, Tornado186, Townes187, Sullivan181.
Willie199, Willow200, and Willow201.
We hope you enjoyed it.
Additionally, you may look at the most popularcat names and dog names for extra inspiration.
Did we leave off any names that you like? Let us know in the comments below!
Known in Greek mythology as Abraxas, he was one of the sun god Helios’s eternal horses, and he was a powerful warrior. In addition to a clay-colored coat, Adobe Creek in California, which was the site of the upscale Pink Horse Ranch country club in the 1950s, might be referenced. The name of the black horse that belonged to the Greek God Hades, which means “death.” Pippi Longstocking’s horse is named after a word that is easy to speak. Fans of the Disney/Pixar film “Brave” may remember Angus as Merida’s trusty Shire horse from the film’s plot.
- This Welsh given name translates as “fair,” making it an excellent choice for palominos.
- In Greek mythology, Arion is the name of a fast, black-maned horse with a white mane.
- When it comes to the horse who is “as quick as an arrow.” In “The Neverending Story,” Artax was Atreyu’s horse, and he was named for him.
- This seasonal name conjures up images of harvest time on the farm and is especially appropriate for horses with coats that are the hues of fallen leaves, such as brown or reddish.
- Barnaby is a lighthearted option with a noble heritage, as seen by the word “barn” being in the name.
- Bianca, which translates as “white” in Italian, is an appropriate name for the palest of palominos.
- Boaz is a Hebrew given name that means “quickness.” The character of BoJack Horseman, the self-loathing, famously cynical cartoon horse voiced by Will Arnett, is being referenced in this piece.
Billy the Kid, a notorious criminal of the Old West, went by a variety of aliases, one of which was William H.
Daniel Boone, the American pioneer and frontiersman who was renowned for his riding prowess, is mentioned in this passage.
Boreas was the deity of the north wind according to Greek mythology.
The rich, golden brown color of the liquor is appropriate for horses with brunette coats, commonly known as “bays,” since it complements their coloring.
A fabled Greek horse that could breathe both light and fire, according to legend.
Brown beauties have a lovely name to go with them.
A horse’s rear foot are kicked into the air while their head is lowered.
Get your jollies on!
“Little House on the Prairie” author Laura Ingalls Wilder’s horse was named Bunny.
Butters is a sweet country name that has an even prettier nickname: Butters!
Buttons is a “perfect” name for speckled breeds such as the Appaloosa, which has a distinct pattern of spots.
Pinto horses with brown and white patterning will look fantastic in this color.
To the legendary musician and actor Johnny Cash, who never forgot his farm kid beginnings, we offer this salutation.
Whether or whether your horse competes, he or she will always be regarded as a champion in your eyes.
Spotted horses are given this amusing moniker.
Cheval is the French term meaning male horse, making it an excellent choice for a male horse name.
Chiron was a centaur who appeared in Greek mythology and was renowned for his sage advice.
Mares with a tinge of crimson in their coats are known by this spicy moniker.
When it comes to pastures, clover is a pleasant addition that may also provide a lucky sensibility for rescue horses.
The popular newborn boy’s name is also the name of a young male horse, so why not use it as the name of your young male horse, as well.
Additionally, the baked item may be used as a sweet word of love, particularly if your horse’s coat is spotted, as in the case of the chocolate chip type.
No matter where you reside in the world, the Texas metropolis of San Antonio evokes images of ranch life in the Lone Star State.
Dash is a nickname for this Scottish given name that is highly horse-friendly – Dash!
The majority of foals are born in the early hours of the morning.
If you want to give your filly a more formal name, consider Debutante—or just call her Debbie for short!
Consider the name Dolly, which was given to a horse with a large blonde mane in honor of the legendary Dolly Parton.
The Dothraki are a nomadic tribe that travels on horseback in the HBO series “Game of Thrones.” Appaloosas with spots are appropriately named.
Elsa from the Disney film “Frozen,” with her characteristic blonde braid, is the epitome of palomino beauty.
The goddess Étain is referred to as the “horse rider” in Irish mythology, which means “horse rider.” The city of North Dakota might serve as a humorous allusion to the state’s wild horses.
This Irish name, which meaning “fair-haired (or coated!) hero,” is a wonderful choice for horses with fair coats.
Sorrels with warm red coats will like this.
Silver-hued horses benefit from the presence of Gandalf, also known as the “Gray Pilgrim” in the film “The Lord of the Rings.” The name Georgia translates as “farmer” in Greek.
For blonde manes, this is a moniker that is as good as gold.
Gringolet is the name given to Sir Gawain’s favourite steed in the legends of King Arthur.
The hippocampus is a legendary creature that appears in the mythology of many civilizations.
“Hippo” is a simple and charming name that is perfect for everyday use!
Isabella (or Isabelline) is a word used to describe palomino horses who are extremely light in color.
Calamity Jane, the American frontierswoman and sniper, gets a shout-out in this episode.
Despite the fact that horses are known for sprinting at tremendous speeds, the world’s fastest horse has been timed at 55 miles per hour (the world record).
Horses with “paint” coats have distinct swaths of color that nearly appear to be jigsaw pieces when viewed from different angles.
An ancient Greek given name that translates as “beautiful horse.” Kelpies are described as a shape-shifting ghost in Scottish tales, and they are thought to haunt streams and rivers while appearing in the appearance of horses.
The name Kohana means “swift” in the Sioux language.
According to mythology, King Arthur’s confidant was a skilled jouster who served as his right hand man.
Because your horse is as lightning fast as a lightning bolt.
Suitable for both lucky race winners and saviors in need.
The coffeehouse classic is perfect for coats with a creamy brown sheen.
Horses have played a crucial part in conflicts and wars throughout history, which is reflected in the name of this military unit.
Marengo was well-known for his stability and fearlessness, and he was known for his 80-mile gallops.
The term “blackbird” refers to a bird that is black.
Misty of Chincoteague is the name of the wild-born pony who appears in the award-winning children’s book of the same name.
This silly interspecies name could be amusing for large brown horses with a big personality.
The French military leader is usually shown riding his warhorse, Marengo, in paintings and sculptures.
Nevada is the home to the vast majority of wild horses in the United States.
Originally from Germanic tradition, the Nixie is a shapeshifting water ghost that occasionally takes on the appearance of a horse.
In “Frozen II,” the Nokk is a water spirit in the guise of a horse who protects the Dark Sea and eventually becomes Elsa’s buddy.
And it has a charming nickname, Nuggie, to go along with it.
Oakley is an Old English given name that means “a meadow of oak trees.” It is also a humorous allusion to Wild West sniper Annie Oakley.
The black gemstone is a typical option for black horses because of its dark color.
Pegasus is a divine winged horse who appears in Greek mythology and is one of the most well-known creatures in the world.
Peregrine, a Latin name that means “traveler” or “pilgrim,” is a fitting name for a horse with an adventurous spirit.
Philip is a Greek name that translates as “friend of the horses.” The name Pie is a lovely choice if your horse’s coat is piebald, which means it is covered in irregular black and white spots.
If your horse has patch marks around his or her eyes, Pirate is a fun and entertaining selection.
Ponyboy Curtis is the young narrator of the coming-of-age classic “The Outsiders,” which is set in the American West.
Horses are well-suited to the name’s pastoral connotations.
The term “prance” refers to the high-stepping gait of a horse.
Rembrandt was an artistic choice for “painted” pattern coats, and he regularly included horses in his paintings.
The name of the Gaelic lad also alludes to a sort of horse coat in which hairs of a different color are intermingled with hairs of the primary color.
Rohan is a realm of horsemen in Tolkien’s “The Lord of the Rings.” Teddy Roosevelt served as the head of the Rough Riders volunteer cavalry before being elected as the 26th President of the United States of America.
Rose like to keep things simple.
Roswell is another German given name that is equine-inspired.
Sorrels have a lovely rural ring to their namesake, which has been used for centuries to refer to redheaded women.
It is even better suited for horses.
Shadowfax is Gandalf’s horse in “The Lord of the Rings,” and he is capable of running faster than the wind and comprehending human speech.
Silili, a celestial character who appears in the Epic of Gilgamesh, is strongly related with horses and other animals.
Pets that are black or gray have been known by this name for a long time.
Snowball was a black horse in Disney’s “The Hunchback of Notre Dame,” despite the fact that white horses are more fitting for the film.
In Greek mythology, this is one of Helios’ horses.
Sven is a reindeer in the Disney film “Frozen,” but we think Kristoff’s devoted friend would be fine with his name being given to a carrot-loving critter in the real world.
Norman Thelwell was an English cartoonist who was most known for his pictures of ponies and horses.
Tornado, Zorro’s horse in various films starring the masked vigilante, is known for being extremely intelligent and swift.
Trigger was a well-known actor in his own right, and he co-starred with Rogers in a number of Westerns.
Troy, on the other hand, is a more subtle nod to the ancient tale, whereas Trojan is more obvious.
Your horse may not be magical in the traditional sense, but they are quite exceptional.
Vic and Vicky are casual nicknames for each gender that make this a winning name.
Westeros is a continent in the HBO series “Game of Thrones,” and it is home to numerous horses (both alive and undead).
Wildfire is the name of a ghost horse that appears in Native American folklore.
Wyatt Earp was a law enforcement officer, horse racer, buffalo hunter, gunfighter, saloonkeeper, and boxing referee in the Old West.
Wynonna is a Native American given name that means “first-born daughter.” If you want a first mare, try Wynonna. We hope that this list of 200 horse names has provided you with some ideas. Whatever you name your horse, we’re wishing you a long and joyful voyage in pet parenthood!
Most Popular Horse Names: Info Graphic
Using data from Horse Clicks, an online horse classifieds site, we were able to compile this infographic showing the most popular names from among the approximately 14,000 horses that were offered for sale. The first portion of the picture displays the most common names overall, and the second section divides the visual into sections based on gender. The size of the text corresponds to the popularity of the name: the greater the font size, the more popular the name is considered to be. Horse Clicks has also compiled a list of the most often used breed names, which include:
Ladybug, Cisco, Lacey, Sugar, Cash, Fancy, Blue, Buddy, Raven, and Spirit are just a few of the characters.
Gypsy, Jack, Spirit, Lilly, Rebel, Black Jack, Jasper, Sadie, Toby, and Harley are just a few of the characters.
Alexia, Prince, Annie, Levi, Trooper, Izzy, Diva, Lilly, Ransom, and Treasure are just a few of the characters.
Alexia, Twister, Luna, Apple, Sheba, Blue, Cheyenne, Star, Apache, Gabby, and Stormy are some of the names of the dogs.
Dakota, Bella, Lady, Tucker, Sierra, Scout, Lucky, Jewel, Snickers, and Belle are just a few of the characters.
Peanut, Daisy, Blaky, Cinnamon, Palomo, Bella, Annie, Flash, Missy, and Scooter are just a few of the characters.
Sadie, Bud, Bacardi, Ike, Yankee, Bella, Sapphire, Tara, Copper, and Rocky are just a few of the characters. Were any of these things a surprise to you? (Is this similar to “Selena Forever” in the gelding category?) As a Quarter Horse fan, I was expecting to see a lot more of the standard Quarter Horse names, such as “Lena” and “Doc.” I wasn’t shocked to see my own horse’s name “Red” appear on the list of geldings, however the names of my other two horses (“Skip” and “Dutch”) are evidently a little more unusual.
Horse Names from A to Z – Great Names for Mares, Gelding and Ponies
Trying to come up with a name for your new best friend on the horse? From Ace to Zenia, I’ve compiled an useful compilation of names that are specifically for horses. You’ll make an excellent decision. Will you, or won’t you? What characteristics create an excellent horse name? Consider the following:
- It’s simple to state
- It’s easy to say
- It’s simple. It has a pleasing ring to it
- Contains hints about the author’s personality
- When you ‘call’ it, it sounds great
- Fits your horse perfectly
- Abbey, Ace, Aesop, Afrika, Aggie, Ajax, Alpha, Alfie, Ali, Aladdin, and a host of more characters
- Alibaba, Ally, America, Amber, Amos, Amigo, Andy, Annabelle, Annapolis, Angel, Annie, and many more.
- Ansel, Apache, Applejack, Apollo, April, Arabella, Ariel, Aries, Arnold, and Arod are just a few of the names.
- Arrow, Arso, Aspen, Augustus, Aussi, Austin, Avenger, Avis, Axel, and Ayasha are just a few of the characters.
- The words babe and baby are synonymous with the words ballerina and Bambi. The words bandera and bandita are synonymous with the words banjo and banter. The words Barbie and Baxter are synonymous with the words bear and beauty. The words babe and baby are synonymous with the words bandita and bandita are synonymous with the words bandy and banjo are synonymous with the words bandy and banjo are synonymous with the words banjo and banter.
- Bishop, Birdie, Blackie, Blackjack, Blaze, Blossom, Blue, Blue boy, Blue Moon, Bo, Boaz, Bodhi, Bogart, Bonnie, Booker, Boomer, Boon, and Boots are some of the characters in the book.
- The names Beauregard, Boris, and Bowie are all pronounced Brady, Brandy, Brazos, Breeze, Brigadier, Buck, Buckshot, Budweiser, Bullet, Buster, and Buttons are all pronounced Buttermilk, Butterscotch, and Buzz are all pronounced Buzz
- Charlie Horse, Checkers, Cherry, Chester, Cheyenne, Chi, Chica, Chief, Chip, Chippewa, Chipper, Chix, Choctaw, Chodak, Cinnamon, Cisco, Cloud, Clover, Clover
- Clover – Clover is a flower that grows in the United States.
- Crazy Horse
John Wayne Trivia
“Road to El Dorado” star John Wayne gave the name “Cochise” to his Appaloosa in the film “Road to El Dorado.” Return to the top of the page
- Among those who have been in Daisy’s films are Dakota
- Dina Dinero Dino Disby Disco Diva Dixie Dolla Desperado Dewy Dexter Dezior Diablo Diamond Diesel Digby Digger Dillon Dillinger Dixie Dolla Desperado Dewy Dexter Dezior Diablo Diamond Diesel Digby Digger Dillon Dillinger Dixie Dolla Desperado Dewy Dexter Dezior Diablo Diamond Diesel Digby Digger Dillon Dillinger
- Easter, Ebony, Echo, Eclipse, Eddie, Eldorado, Eleazar, and Eli are just a few of the words that come to mind.
- Elixir, Ellie, Elvis, Ember, Epona, Esperanza, Esteban, and Excalibur are just a few of the characters.
- Flash, Fletch, Flicka, Freckles, Frida, Friday, and Frisky are all names for dogs.
There Can Only be One
Was it ever brought to your attention that once a race horse becomes renowned, the name can never be used by another horse in the same race? The following are some well-known race horse names:
- Georgia, Ghost, Gidget, Gilly, Gin, Ginger, Giselle, Goldie, and Goliath are just a few of the characters.
Return to the top of the page
Horse hues, with a slew of photos to accompany them. What color is the horse, by the way? Find out more about it here.
- Hana, Hanna, Hardy, Harley, Harvey, Hashtag, Hawk, Hercules, Hero, Hickory, Hobo, and Holiday are all variations of Hana.
- Holly, HolySmoke, Hombre, Hondo, Honey, Honey Dew, Hooch, Hoover, Hopscotch, and Hoss are all names for people who are related to Holly.
- Indiana University
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Jazzibelle and Jazzy are two of the most popular characters on the show. Jack and Jackie are two of the most popular characters on the show.
- Jetta, Jenny, Jerico, Jesso, Jester, Jet, Jewel, Jiminey, Jingles, and Jo are all characters in the film Jetta.
- Joseph, Jo Kid, Jonah, Johan, Joni, Joy, Jule, Jumper, Juno, Justice, and others
Horse Names K-S
- Kansas, Kate, Katy Brown, Keisha, Kemosabe, Keno, and Kendra are just a few of the names.
Horses from the 50’s
Buttermilk was the name of Dales Evens’ horse, and Trigger, the horse that Roy Rodgers rode, is well-known. Return to the top of the page
- Lacey, Lady, Lakota, Legend, Legacy, Lena, Levi, Leo, Lexy, and Liberty are just a few of the names.
- Lightning, Lily, Lita, Lobo, Lola, Lonesome, Loredo, Lucero, and Lucky are just a few of the characters.
Return to the top of the page
Bone Spavin is a horse disease that you should be aware of before purchasing a horse or how to treat it in a horse that you currently own.
Horse clubs are a terrific opportunity to become involved in the horse world and make new friends.
There is a riding club for every form of riding you can imagine!
- Mac, Maggie, Magic, Magnum, Malachi, Malak, Marco, Marengo, Mariah, Marty, Marz, Master, Mateo, Max, and Maya are just a few of the characters.
- Memphis Belle
Click here to find out what sort of horse you are once you’ve selected the appropriate name for your mount. Return to the top of the page
- Pawnee (also known as Payday), Peaches (also known as Pebbles), Pentecost (also known as Penny), Pepper (also known as Peso), Pharoah (also known as Philippe), and Picalo (also known as Picalo) are all names for people who live in the United States of America.
- The Renegade, Reno, Rhapsody, Rhythm, Ricochet, Riddle, Rifle, Ringo, Rio, Riptide, Ritz, River, Robby, Rocky, and Rodeo are all names for characters in the Renegade series.
Horse Names S-Z
- Sabino, Sabrina, Sage, Sahara, Sailor, Saint, Sally, Salty, Sammy, Sampson, Sandy, Sargent, Sassy, Savanna, Scamper, Scarlet, and many more.
- Shooter, Shorty, Shoshone and Sidekick are all names for characters in the Scooner, Scotty, Scout, Secret, Seeka and Seminole series of films. Sgt. Pepper is the character Shadow, Shayla and Shawnee, Shieka and Shiloh, and Sgt. Pepper is the character Sgt. Pepper is the character Sgt.
- Sinatra, Skeeter, Skippy, the sky, Smoke, Smokey, Snickers, Snoopy, Soldier, Solomon, Song, Sooner, Sophi, Spanky, Sparrow, Spirit, Splash, and others.
- The words Spook and Sport are interchangeable. The words Spring and Sputnic are synonymous. The words Stepper and Stella are synonymous. The words Summer and Sundance are synonymous. The words Sunday and Sunny are synonymous. The words Surprise and Sundance are synonymous.
Return to the top of the page
Find out how being aware of your horse markings may save a horse’s life!
Horse Water No-No’s
Learn the most critical Dos and Don’ts when it comes to horse water.
- Taco, Tandy, Tango, Tank, Tanka, Tarzan, Tesa, Tessy, Theia, Theo, Theodore, Thor, Thunder, Tiki, and Tilley are just a few of the characters.
- Tinkler, Tiny Tim, Tipper, Tippy, Titan, Titus, Toby, Tokahee, Tomahawk, Tonto, Tootie, Tornado, Torro, Tow Bar, Traveler, Tinker
- Travis, Treasure, Trevor, Trickster, Trigger, Trinket, Troubadour, Trucker, Trusty, Tucker, Tuff, Turbo, Twister, and Ty are all characters in the game.
Great name for an Appaloosa
Tokahee is a Creek word that means speckled, spotted, or freckled in many dialects. Return to the top of the page
Morengo, Vizir, and Tauris were the horses that Napoleon rode! Return to the top of the page
- Willard, Willie, Willow, Winchester, Windy, Wing, Winston, Winter, Wolf, and Wrangler are all names for the same person.
Return to the top of the page
Brainstorming for Horse Names
Do you require other suggestions? SeeFunny Horse Names for some inspiration, or try a little brainstorming with topics like these:
- Astrology, nature, music, super heroes, movies, favorite actors, art, historical figures, characters, and Greek mythology are just a few of the topics covered.
I’m curious, what are some of your favorite horse names. Return to the top of the page
More Topics You May Enjoy
Make the idealhorse gift basket for the equine enthusiast in your life with these ideas. It doesn’t matter if they have a horse or are just obsessed about them; an equestrian themed gift basket is sure to delight them.
Draw Cartoon Horses
Horses drawn in cartoon style. Learn how to draw cartoon horses in three different styles that are currently trendy.
Take a look at what’s new! You don’t have to scan the entire site; the most recent items may be found at theEquineSpot Blog.
Horse immunizations protect horses against severe respiratory and neurological infections such as strangles and the equine west Nile virus, which are both transmitted by humans. See what you can do to save time and money by giving yourself these gifts. Return to the top of the page
Horse Names – 350 Top Ideas For Naming Your Horse
The names of horses are crucial. In addition to being pets, horses are real companions and friends to their owners. A horse’s name might be inspired by one or more of its characteristics, such as its color or personality. However, they may also express something unique about you, your children, your family, or your way of life. Today, we’ll go over some fantastic horse names that will be appropriate for your own personal horse.
- Male and female horses are given cool names
- Cute horse names are given to funny horses
- And the best horses are given the best names.
Horses are well-known for being interesting and flashy, which may make selecting a new one from scratch a daunting prospect for some. Unfortunately for you, we have lots of ideas to share with you!
Top Horse Names
Here is a list of the most popular horse names of the year!
- Secretariat, Code of Honor, Tucker, American Eagle, Backstreet Boy, Faraway Kingdom, California, Badger, Thirty-Six Red, Kentucky, Ryder, Santana, Die Hard, Irish Wristwatch, Macbeth, Haikal, Sir Barton, Joe Cotton, Above and Beyond, Black Beauty, Saint, Artax, Falcon, Battlecry, William, Burgoo King, Keno, Gallant Fox, Warrior, Kelly Cann, Seabiscuit, Or
We’ve got many more ideas in a variety of areas that will be released soon. But first, what factors are considered while selecting the greatest horse names?
The Best Horse Names
Are you looking for a list of horse names to add to your collection? If that’s the case, you’ve undoubtedly gotten your hands on a brand new horse. Congratulations! Horses make wonderful friends, and we adore them for their intelligence, friendliness, and sociable nature, among other qualities. As a result, we are quite thrilled to assist you in naming your newest (and most likely biggest) animal family member. Let’s speak about horse names for a minute.
Choosing Horse Names
Did you know that giving a pet a name plays a significant part in the bonding process with its owner? It facilitates our bonding with our new animal while instilling a sense of duty and pride in ourselves.
However, naming your horse does more than only assist you in falling in love with them. It also serves as a doorway for communication, and it may even be the first word your horse learns to recognize and identify with something pleasant in his or her environment.
The Right Name
Horses are very clever animals that, like dogs, have been shown to perform best when trained with positive reinforcement methods by their owners. Knowing this may make a significant difference in how you approach the task of teaching your horse his name. An approach that is calm and repetitious is recommended by many specialists. Additionally, employing incentives and treats like as carrots or apples can help your horse remember that the sound of his name signals the beginning of something wonderful.
Girl Horse Names
Is your horse a sweetheart of a lady? If horses are prim and respectable, they should be named after a beautiful lady, don’t you think so? But what if it doesn’t matter if he or she is a man or a woman? What if you simply adore the horse names listed below? Because there are no restrictions when it comes to naming a horse, feel free to choose from any of the savvy female horse names listed here. Happy naming!
Boy Horse Names
If you have a male horse that will be joining your herd, here is the list for you. Of course, it is also intended for individuals who have a female horse and are not concerned with conforming to gender stereotypes. If you’re looking for a macho man horse name or a feminine horse name that has a masculine ring to it, here is the list for you!
- Hampton, Jasper, Rocco, Black Jack, Cowboy, Geronimo, Leon, Boomer, Phillip, Buddy, Harvey, Prince, Jackson, Hedwig, Rich, Cyrus, Walker, Niall, Dustin, Hudson, Sprinter, Buzz, Fizz, Samson, Big Boy, Dexter, Chester, Buster, Rufus, Freddy, Linus
- Carlton, Conrad, Buster, Stanley, Miles, Earnest, Jepson, Lexus, Milo,
Cool Horse Names
What is it about horses that makes them so incredibly magnificent? We believe we know what’s going on. Horses exude self-assurance, magic, and heroism in spades. They are both wild and domestic at the same time, and they coexist peacefully with humans. Horses have found a home in the hearts of millions of people all across the world, from the Wild West to the English countryside. So, don’t these fearsome creatures deserve some fantastic horse names from which to choose? We have reason to believe they do!
Cute Names for Horse s
Horses are not only really cool, but they are also ridiculously adorable. You enjoy braiding your horse’s mane and tail, don’t you? Do you spend a lot of money on the most adorable saddles, brushes, and other accessories to guarantee that your horse is the cutest horse on the planet? If that’s the case, you’re going to like this charming collection! Continue reading for forty of the most adorable alternatives available.
- The following characters are named Clover: Remi
- Butterscotch: Abby
- Snicker Doodle: Aspen
- Blossom: Queenie
- Horsey: Cub
- Cutie Pie
Funny Horse Names
The fact that horses are bursting with personality is no secret! As any horse parent can tell you, no two horses are similar in their appearance or temperament. Some horses are serious, some are stubborn, some are gentle, and others are goofy. They all have their own personalities. In the event that your horse is the resident comic at his stable, this is the list for you. Each of these 40 funny selections made us laugh out loud and we hope they do the same for you.
- Moose, Mare N’ Go, Frankiensteed, Klip Klop, Hall n’ Oats, Lollygagger, Peggy Sue’s, Slow Poke, Overbite, Meatloaf, Foalovit, Wotsit, Donkey, Horsepower, Horsetooth, Nipper, Lostma Cowboy, Rusty Saddle, Clodhopper, Smarty Pants, Lostma Cowgirl, First Rodeo, Rainbow Uni
Unique Horse Names
We’ve already indicated that after you’ve spent some time with horses, it’s very clear that they are unique and intelligent beasts, as we’ve described before.
These gorgeous creatures are in a league of their own when it comes to magnificence. Consequently, if you want to make certain that your distinctive horse gets an equally unusual name, continue reading for 40 of the most unique options accessible.
- The Emerald, the Morning Glory, the Bronco, Wishful, Duchess, the winter, the wild west, the mystery, the snow, the Texas Rose, the Saragon, the Patch, the Gypsy, the Skyfire, the Smokey, the Moonlight, the Torpedo, the Moonie, the Destiny, the Pepper, the Dakota, the Spitfire, the Half Pence, the Denver, the Serene, the Whisper, the Squittles, the Secret, the
Tough Names for Your Horse
If your horse is a tough cookie, he or she most likely deserves to be given a rough name. We’re confident that one of the names listed below would appeal to your challenging horse. Do any of these options appear to be a good fit for your tough guy or tough gal? Do you have any other suggestions?
Fun Facts About Horses
Despite the fact that humans and horses have coexisted for a long time, we humans are continually discovering new things about our wonderful horsey companions on a daily basis. Horses, according to recent research, are very perceptive and attentive. They have good facial recognition abilities and can recall someone for months after just meeting them once or twice. They have strong facial recognition skills. Horses, on the other hand, have excellent hearing and memory. They keep track of familiar sounds and will deliberately turn their heads toward the sound of their owner’s voice, while avoiding the voices of strangers.
We now have a whole newfound admiration for these magnificent creatures.
Please share your opinions with us in the comments section below!
Want to Read More?
We have even more wonderful suggestions in our guide to Pony names if you are still not satisfied with any of the names that we have mentioned here. Alternatively, you might draw inspiration from the color of your horse with some grey horse name options! And perhaps you have some more creatures that are in desperate need of names that are memorable? View some of our other top naming articles by clicking on the following link:
- Goldfish names, bearded dragon names, snake names, and cute cat names are all possibilities.
- When faced with an impossible task, Monamie Ringhofer and Shinya Yamamoto published in Animal Cognition
- Cecilie M. Mejdell and Turid Buvik published in Applied Animal Behaviour Science
- Evelyn B. Hanggi, MS, PhD, published in Applied Animal Behaviour Science
- Evelyn B Hanggi, MS, PhD, published in Applied Animal The Thinking Horse: Cognition and Perception Reviewed, Equine Research: Behavior
- Antonia J.Z. Henderson, Ph.D., Equine Psychologist, Equine Cognition, How Intelligent are Horses
- Antonia J.Z. Henderson, Ph.D., Equine Psychologist, Equine Cognition, How Intelligent are Horse